Following the previous article on dolls safety and the EN71 regulations in this article we are going to talk about the OEKO-TEX® certification related to fabrics because The Doll Factory Europe SL dolls are usually sold with clothes and footwear.
The OEKO-TEX® certification is an independent and homogeneous testing and verification system worldwide for raw, intermediate and final textile products in all manufacturing phases, as well as for the materials and accessories used. Examples of certifiable items: raw and dyed / ennobled threads, knitted and knitted materials, accessories such as buttons, zippers, sewing threads and labels, made-up articles of different kinds (garments of all kinds, household and household textile products, bed linen, towel cloth items, etc.).
Since 1992 this standard performs tests and test methods with a scientific basis. With a strict catalog of measures, considering general regulations, chemical substances harmful to health (even if they are not yet regulated by legislation), the European Regulation on Chemical Substances (REACH) and numerous classes of substances relevant to the environment:
- Important legal regulations such as prohibited azo dyes, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.
- Numerous chemicals harmful to health, even if they are not yet regulated by legislation.
- Requirements of Annexes XVII and XIV of the European Regulation on REACH chemical substances, as well as the list of SVHC candidate substances of the ECHA (European Agency for Chemical Substances and Preparations), provided that, in the opinion of the Community expert group OEKO-TEX®, are relevant for fabrics, textile products, garments or accessories. Discussions and developments that are considered relevant are incorporated as quickly and effectively as possible through updates to the requirements of STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Requirements of the United States Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) related to lead.
- Numerous classes of substances also relevant to the environment
For the final consumer, this means that they can rely on a certified product that already provides a high and really effective product safety thanks to their years of experience and the criteria and measures established in the tests that far exceed national and international regulations.
The Doll Factory Europe SL requests the OEKO-TEX® certificates of each of the textile items that its suppliers use in its products so that each of the garments that our dolls wear comply with this certification, betting as usual for The quality of the product offered.